I’ve been pondering one of the unexpected side-effects of my Minimalism lifestyle. People now think I’m quite good at ‘Adulting‘.
Whether I’d agree with that is another matter
But apparently, from the outside, I give the impression that I have my shizzle together. Who’d have thought it!
So here’s a list of the nine ways that minimalism, and more intentional living, makes you appear like you know what you’re doing in life:
- A Capsule Wardrobe helps you avoid those days where you were feeling a little emotional and decided to experiment with colours or shapes that you ultimately know don’t suit you
- Your desk / house is generally tidy. You’re the person who has a pen when needed
- You know where stuff is, and you can find useful adult documents like tax returns or receipts, your car insurance etc
- You tend to say mature things like, “I don’t really need that”, and then don’t give into the temptation
- You seem to have less money worries (probably because you’ve stopped indulging in online shopping binges)
- You can travel with carry-on only (the fact that I then forgot to bring contact case and glasses should be kept quiet though – I did say that it only makes me look like I’ve got things together!)
- You make more intentional decisions in other areas of your life – like prioritising exercising in the morning over drinking in the evening (that might just be age!), or embracing meditation
- You seem to know what you want, and don’t feel the need to justify this to others
- You generally seem a little calmer and less chaotic than others
Have you noticed any ways that minimalism has made you appear like more of a grown-up? What can you add to the list? I’d love to hear from you 🙂